To our Valued Patients, Families and Friends of Children’s Eye Physicians, Colorado Family Eye Center, Colorado Center for Eye Alignment, and Colorado Family Optical: Updated 12/07/2020, 02/03/2021
We are very pleased to announce that in response to Colorado’s movement to “Safer at Home” orders, we have reopened our practice and Optical stores to the public on Monday, May 4, 2020. We’ve dearly missed our patients and their families!
We implemented new protocols designed to help you and your family with your vision health, keeping our patients, our staff and our physicians safe in the process of caring for you. These guidelines have been designed with abundant caution, under the guidance of the CDC and the American Academies of Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus and Optometry.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- A Patient Concierge will be waiting to greet you outside the office and check you in for your appointment.
- Pediatric patients or adult patients unable to represent their own interests should only be accompanied in a family group of no more then four people.
- Non-Pediatric patients should plan on attending their appointment alone.
For the patient and parent/guardian/chaperon, please expect the following:
- Temperatures will be taken
- Health and COVID19 survey questionnaires completed
- Face masks should be brought to the appointment and must be worn covering nose and mouth, at all times while in the office. Patients under the age of 2 years old are not advised to wear a mask.
Prior to your appointment:
- Our new zero contact waiting room will text you prior to your appointment with instructions for check-in.
You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if:
- Temperatures register at or above 100.4
- Health and COVID19 survey questionnaires reveal any concerns for your health and/or our practice’s safety
- The patient and/or parent/guardian/chaperone is unwilling to wear a face mask.
- The group including the patient includes more than Four Total people in the group.
- Additional individuals present at the patient’s appointment cannot wait outside of the office in a vehicle for the duration of the appointment.
- There are specific directional flows of how patients are moved through the office.
- You will be accompanied by a member of our staff during the entire duration of your appointment.
- Exam rooms, equipment, all surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned in between patients and often throughout the day.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required for all non-direct patient care activities and movement through the offices. This is required for all patients, their chaperones, staff and physicians.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing is encouraged and will be accommodated. Hand sanitizer is available too for patient/chaperone use.
- Face Masks are required and will need to cover nose and mouth, and are required to be worn at all times.
Our Optical Stores:
- An Optician will be assigned to assist you in your selection of frames and lenses. Appointments to work with an Optician will be offered.
- All frames will then be disinfected before they are returned to the frame boards.
- Please make sure that any frames you have handled or tried on are given directly to your Optician for sanitizing.
Are we available to help? ABSOLUTELY!
- The practice’s phone lines are open during regular business hours (M-F 830am to 430pm – closed lunch from 12pm to 1pm). If your call is placed on hold, you are offered an opportunity for an automatic call back or you are welcome to leave a voice mail message.
- The practice’s patients are covered for Emergencies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We turn our phones over to a professional answering service who will page the on call physician for assistance.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!
Please feel free to call us at 303-456-9456, or send an email to GetInfo@CEPColorado.com and we will be very happy to help answer your questions/concerns.
OPTICAL / GLASSES / CONTACT LENSES:
If you have questions about our Optical services, any prescriptive eye wear or contact lens needs, please send an email to Optical@CEPColorado.com and our Optical staff will be happy to help!
Thank you for placing your trust in our practice for your and your family’s vision health. We especially thank you for your cooperation and understanding of the importance of following these protocols best maintaining the health and safety of everyone.
From everyone here at our practice, we wish you, your family and friends good health!