Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For our practice, that means understanding how it affects our patients, their families, friends, our employees, and our physicians.
Our goal is actively supporting our community’s efforts guarding against the spread of COVID-19. We are also ensuring our healthcare practice is broadly and safely available to help you and your family with your vision health.
We have one simple objective that guides us; keeping our patients and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way in our planning. With that in mind, we have made several adjustments affecting how our practice supports our patients.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Colorado’s TriCounty Health Department guidelines and recommendations identifying intentional and meaningful steps we can take to help prevent the spread of this virus.
We’d like you to know a few key points about differences you might experience working with our practice as this situation evolves and eventually stabilizes:
- Our practice cannot test for COVID-19. Only Colorado’s designated labs are able to provide testing, following emergency and high-risk protocol.
- Children’s Eye Physicians, Colorado Family Eye Center, Colorado Center for Eye Alignment and its Optical stores are screening all patients and caregivers at the time of scheduling, pre-confirmation of appointments by phone, appointment check in or for any other drop in reason. We are using abundant caution to NOT expose staff and patients to anyone who meets COVID-19 at risk criteria. We kindly ask for your patience and acceptance of these additional screening criteria.
- Geographic areas where there has been a widespread community transmission is an evolving determination. Children’s Eye Physicians is following CDC and the CDPHE guidelines for identification of these geographic areas. We ask that you be transparent about your travels and encounters ensuring we are responding appropriately and safely for your benefit and ours.
- These pre-screening protocols, intended to protect as much as possible the practice’s physicians and staff and other patients/families, may result in:
- Your or your child’s appointment will be rescheduled.
- You are turned away for service and asked to return another time.
Please offer our staff your patience and understanding if your appointment has to be moved to another date and time.